Dbox2 - transponderscan failed....confused image.

The forum for our foreign guests... Please post in English
_venom

Dbox2 - transponderscan failed....confused image.

Beitrag von _venom »

Hello all

My Dbox2 seems to think its a sat box - I cant think how this has happened, as it used to work pefectly. Its a Sagem 1x Intel...

No matter what image I put on the box as soon as it starts up, I am informed it can find no channels, and it then asks me to proceed and do a service scan.

The strange part from here, is that from the servicescan menu, I am faced with no mention of cable like normal -instead, I am faced with Satellite: Astra 19.2E - which of course, I do not have as I am cable.

The instant that i start to then attempt a scan, I am reported with the error of Transponderscan failed!

Has anyone ever come across this before? I have tried several images. ....however, as I said - have tried many many with same problem.

many many thanks for anyone in advance that takes the time to read this post.
DieMade
Oberlamer, Administrator & Supernanny

Beitrag von DieMade »

Looks like a defective frontend (tuner) - the software defaults to sat if no frontend information is found.
There are 10 types of people in the world: those who know binary and those who don't
Carjay
Developer

Beitrag von Carjay »

Not necessarily because I had this, too, and the frontend is working fine.

I think it happened because one of the Neutrino configuration files was messed up, but I don't know which one. I simply deleted all of them which solved the problem. 8)

But if you flashed a full image without retaining any old configuration files then it does indeed look like a faulty frontend.

You should check with an Enigma image or the original BR image.

A bootlog from a supported image (JtG, Yadi, DietmarW...) could offer more insight as well.
_venom

Beitrag von _venom »

thanks for the swift help.

Okay, so hoping the front end is fine for the moment (although this was my initial fear)....

to delete neutrino and start again, would I just clear the entire contents of a specific directory via ftp access? or how would I go about doing such a think - to attempt at starting from fresh?
ellie1998
Neugieriger
Neugieriger

Beitrag von ellie1998 »

ftp the new image to /tmp on the dbox

then on the dbox
dbox
service
blue
red
blue
flash without bootloader

there is a problem as you really need an english fta image or a jtg, dietmar, yadi but with an english cables.xml file
it should not show sat in the scanning menu.

only certain images can be discussed on this forum.
Have Fun